In order for each child to play in the WYSL, certain items of documentation are required:
- The first time a player plays in the WYSL, a birth certificate is needed to verify the age of the child. As soon as you register your child online for a travel team for the first time you should mail your child's birth certificate or passport to the Club Registrar at the address provided on your registration receipt. You only do this the FIRST time your child is registered for a WYSL travel team. You do not need to do it every year.
- Every two years a picture of the child is needed for a new player pass. This picture must be a headshot, must be a current picture, and is uploaded directly to the registration website.
- Each year 2 original medical release forms must be provided to the club. U10 and older players bring these to tryouts. Incoming second and third graders will provide them to Parent Managers once children are assigned to a team. We ask for two because the Professional Coach and Team Parent will each have a copy to facilitate prompt treatment in the event a child is injured at practice or a game and a parent is not immediately available. Please do not send medical forms to the Registrar - they will not be retained and you will have to do them again!
Here are the specific instructions for documentation PLEASE READ THEM.
- MEDICAL RELEASE: Print and fill out 2 copies of the medical release form : EVEN THOUGH THE MEDICAL RELEASE FORM SAYS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO NOTARIZE, our club is requiring notarized medical release forms for all children in our club... Do NOT use a different form. This form does NOT require a doctor's signature.
If you attach copies of your health insurance card (recommended), please leave the copy on 8x11 paper. Do NOT cut out copies of the card. If possible, please copy both sides of the card on ONE SIDE of a 8 by 11 page (DO NOT copy on both sides of the page!!!).
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR PASSPORT COPY. If this is your child's first time playing for an SYSC travel team, we need a copy of the child's birth certificate or passport. (all children registering for third grade teams MUST provide a birth certificate or passport). IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO MAKE A COLOR COPY OF THE PASSPORT or birth certificate as long at is is legible in black and white. The copy is used for 1 minute to validate the birth date and then it is shredded. It should be mailed to the Scarsdale Club Registrar at the address provided on your registration receipt.
For incoming U10 and older players ALL DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED AT TRYOUTS OR YOUR CHILD CANNOT BE ASSIGNED TO A TEAM.
Click HERE for the Soccer Medical Release Form
HELP UPLOADING PHOTOGRAPHS FOR PLAYER PASSES
GO to your family account page:
- Select "account settings" on the right side of the page
- Select ” the name of the person who needs a photo (name is underlined)
- Select "add image" on the right side of the page
- Click on the "Upload Image" grey box to upload a new or updated picture